February 10, 2010

Main Focus


In my personal life I have come to learn that focus is key. Whether it is school, or work, or anything, you aren't going anywhere unless you focus. When leading worship it is easy to focus on Jesus, but whenever I am just going through life it can be tough. I know this is really simple, but hear me out. Focus is key for anything. Anthony Robbins say “It's not what's happening to you now or what has happened in your past that determines who you become. Rather, it's your decisions about what to focus on, what things mean to you, and what you're going to do about them that will determine your ultimate destiny.” Focusing is one of the most important things you can do in your Christian walk. The last couple of youth services while leading worship the thought keeps coming to me, that the only reason we are even there is for God. We go to church and we have activities, and sessions, and programs which aren't necessarily bad but are they giving you straight access to the King. In my own life I know that I don't want to be a part of anything even if it is in a church that's focus is not directly on Jesus. That's why worship is so key, because it unlocks, it opens that door when all we think about is Jesus. We aren't worried, or hungry, or thirsty; it's just about Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment